Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hello!
Well, I am kind of bored with a lot of things to do yet don't want to do. hahaha.. shall blog something interesting :-)

This is going to be a very colourful post. Recently read about colours. Going to share them here :)
& for a start, with my 2 favourite colours: YELLOW & BLUE

A picture the describes both the colours best :)

YELLOW.

It is stated that it is the colour of sunshine, which is associated with joy, happinessintellect & energy
It produces a warming effect, arouses cheerfulness, stimulates mental activity, generates muscle energy, & evokes pleasant, cheerful feelings.
It is also associated with FOOD :)
BRIGHT PURE YELLOW: An attention seeker/ Highlighter, which is why it is used in controlling traffic and as warning signs. It is the 1st colour that is seen when places against black.
Negative effect: Over usage can have a disturbing effect.
It was initially used to indicate honor and loyalty, but later on got associated with cowardice.
Yellow is an unstable and spontaneous colour, which has to be avoided in places to suggest stability and safety. 

DULL (DINGY) YELLOW : Cation, decay, sickness, and jealousy
LIGHT YELLOW: Intellect, freshness, & joy.

I am not sure what YELLOW means to you, but I am pretty sure it does somewhat reflect my thoughts, personality, perception and approach to things. Anyhows, I STILL LOVE YELLOW :)

BLUE.

The colour of the sky & sea, which is associated with depth, stability, tranquility and calmness.
SYMBOLISES:  trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, heaven, piety, & sincerity.
Believed to benefit the mind & body by slowing down human metabolism & producing a calming effect
(That could be why a simple visit to the beach gives such calmness..) 
Blue is linked to consciousness and intellect. 
Blue also suppresses appetite (Maybe I should try that!)
It is a masculine colour.
Blue creates high-impact, & vibrancy when used with warm colours such as yellow or red.


LIGHT BLUE: associated with health, healing, tranquility, understanding, & softness
DARK BLUE: Knowledge, power, integrity, & seriousness


I love this shades of blue :)


Okay, that's all for now folks. See you guys with more update on colours. 
Do let me know if u want to know about a specific colour :) 

No comments: